
It has been a long winter. Winter does us good though. We see things the way they would be all of the time if it weren't for Spring. Is it bad that I wait all winter just so I can behold the beauty of Spring? I know winter holds much majesty for our hearts, but it is Spring that comes and makes me take deep breaths and reminds me of the renewal my heart always longs for. It does come you know. Every year, the Crocus climb their way out of the half frozen ground and announce that Spring will be here before we know it. Next long sticks of Forsythia will bend like a firecracker explosion and shout to us that Spring is coming soon.
3 comments:
That is an awesome picture! I understand your longing for spring. I don't think it's bad to wait all winter for spring. I think that God gave us changing seasons so we can appreciate the differences. For me, it's the freshness and newness of everything in the spring that perks me up after the cold, gray days of winter (even here in Nashville). I can't wait to see the flowers too!
I always think of you when I see forsythia. I think because you've used it in your home through the years. It's sweet.
I remember one year on my birthday Julie B. picked some for me and put it on my doorstep. I LOVED it!
Post a Comment