


Today SJ is 18 months old.
What a sweetheart! It is hard to believe that we have had her for 8 months. It seems like she has always been with us.
We love her watching her grow. Sophie is talking constantly. Tonight she wouldn't settle down for the evening and go to sleep. I went in and asked her if she was okay and she said "Up banky blanket," she was ready to chat. So I got her up and held her while she finished using up some more of her words. Then I kissed her night night and put her in her bed.
Steve and I heard somewhere (maybe Greg and Julie) that women have many more words that they use in a day than men do. So, it is wise for men to just listen at the end of the day while a women finishs using up all of her words. My Mama used to do this with me on Saturdays. So, as I see it, I have become my mother and am listening to my daughter using up her words so she can get some rest.
These are some pictures of Sophie after a rain. She really enjoyed throwing rocks in the water puddles. I know Gramme and Granny, my nose is a little runny and I should have on a hat. She is also showing off her blue dress that she loves with the "owers" flowers on the front.
2 comments:
Katie and Steve,
WOW! Sophie has grown so much and she is beautiful. Love seeing the photos. I show them to Isabella often. Thanks for sharing.
Angela/Robb
I love the way you said "using up all of her words." That's so cute. And I love even more that your mom used to just sit and listen to you until you used up all your words and now you're doing that for Sophie. Your feelings for Sophie are very similar to the feelings we have for David. I can't believe he's already 16 months old. Just a year ago he was barely sitting up on his own. Now, he's almost running. I just love the way you love her. She is truly your own.
Post a Comment