While riding home today, Sophie had just pitched a HUGE fit, really a freaking out fit because of "Lovey" or "Boo Boo". After calming down, this was the conversation that followed.
Sophie:"Why did my other Mommy and Daddy die?"
Me: "What are you talking about?"
Sophie: "When I was a different little girl." "Mommy, why did my birthmother and birthfather die?"
Me: "What do you think happened Sophie?"
Sophie: "Well, I don't want to talk about it." "Can you turn the music up?"
Tonight we watched Heidi and Sophie learned about Heidi being an orphan. I love love love my little girl. I am a little amazed at the conversations we are able to have right now. I am so grateful that she is able to express herself (which honestly has never really been a problem).
Sophie has also started to embrace the idea that God may give her a sister rather that a baby brother. She will now say we don't know if God will give us a boy or a girl. Music to my ears!! For a year now Sophie has insisted that she was ONLY having a baby brother:)
No comments:
Post a Comment