Saturday, November 29, 2008

Giving Thanks 2008











This year we went to visit Steve's side of the family. It was a sunny, 60 degree day! I couldn't believe how nice it was outside.

Sophie had the time of her life playing with her 2nd cousins Sydney and Erin. She also got to have a little boat ride with Billy paddling for her. Billy also went and got the 4 wheeler so she could ride around the pond. Steve was surprised that I said yes to all this fun, but it was a lot of fun for Sophie so I just pretended that it was okay with me. So, Sophie had her first 4 wheeler ride, first fishing trip, and first time in a boat. That's a lot for a thanksgiving treat!

This is the first Thanksgiving without Matha Ann, Steve's mom. Steve and I got to go visit her grave. Something about a cemetery puts life into perspective. It was good to get to go with Steve by ourselves. Steve's cousins watched Sophie for a couple of hours while we went there and later went to an antique shop that we love to go to. I thought our visit might be hard, but it really wasn't. It was natural to be at Steve's old home and just be there with his dad. It was a comfort, not odd. We spoke about Matha often and it didn't make anyone uncomfortable. I was so happy that we could remember her and keep her memory alive without having to worry about every conversation. Steve's dad is really good about answering Sophie's constant questions about her. It is so kind of the Lord to bless Lecial, Steve's dad, with family close by to be with him and call him often.

1 comment:

Katie Thompson said...

Great! Now we can send our husbands and kids four wheeling and have some girl time! Ummm, kidding.