Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lots of rambling before tomorrow turns into a new year for me


Tomorrow my "Fall" begins. Sophie and I will go to preschool tomorrow-just for in-service, but still work none the less. It is one of my favorite times of the year, new crayons, markers (Mr. Sketch since I am the teacher!) and a new haircut this year.
(That part about the scented Mr. Sketch markers is the real reason I wanted to be a teacher. All of my elementary school teachers always had their special set that they NEVER shared with us kids, so now I have my set, stashed away from little hands that forget to put lids back on and smoosh down to hard and ruin.)

Anyway, we have had a lovely summer. We got to go on a Youth Mission trip with Poppa to North Carlolina, help with a fabulous VBS at our church and lastly we got to go to Destin. All in all, even though I worked a lot this summer, we have been blessed to have some rest and have had plenty of time to spend together, which is the biggest blessing of all.

My BG, baby girl, says that should stand for big girl now that she's 3 and all. So, I try to throw that in occasionally. Anyway, BG will be in Pre-K3 this year. I am a little shocked that by December she could potentially be writing her name. She is drawing and coloring all day long, I mean the girl has her own ream of paper for crying out loud! She is learning at a rapid rate and I stay continually convicted about my tone, words, facial expressions etc...then I remember that God placed her in my home with me. Not that I let it all hang out, I save that for folks like you, but, she does get the "Have you lost your ever loving mind" face and "UUUUHH" disgruntled sound at least a few times a day. Wow, she is really catching onto those and doing quite well at them. Question, can you punish a child for doing something that you taught them how to do? You know, like in A Christmas Story when the nuts go flying out of the hub cap and you're left with Lifeboy soap in your mouth.

3 comments:

Katie Thompson said...

You had me right up 'til the end. You know I just don't like that movie! I've always thought BG should be big girl!

KT said...

Not Christmas Vacation but Christmas Story.

Jill said...

I can't believe she's 3 already! I think you guys had only been home a few months when I first met you. Boy does time fly!