Thursday, May 08, 2008

Not so much!



Sophie is taking swim lessons at the Y with our friend Jim. It is Asian Invasion at the pool. There are 4 girls that are adopted from China taking lessons from him. We are so grateful for Sophie having a community of friends with her same heritage and story.

Well, everything has going very well with her lessons. She loves to swim. She says she wants to swim like a fish. Yesterday Steve took her to her lessons while I stayed home to clean house and get ready for our home visit for our second adoption Jim let Sophie go under the water. Wow, was she mad. She pitched a big fit and he made her do it again. Steve said she was all done and crying really hard to get out. Steve said no, that she was okay and to listen to Jim. Sophie said, through sobs If...mommmy...were...here...she'd...come get me...and we all know she is right.

So we are off in just a minute, and I am a little anxious! Not being a great swimmer, okay, horrible swimmer, I feel for folks who are scared, but, I know that Jim has taught many children and is a swim coach and knows what he's doing. So, I am working on my poker face and planning on focusing on the good this evening. Namely Grey's and LOST.

1 comment:

Our Family! said...

Hey Hollis Family,

WOW - Sophie has changed so much. I love watching her grow and pray that someday our paths will cross again. Happy Metcha Day! We are thinking of you and everyone in our group today and saying special prayers for all. The Lyon's.