Thursday, April 17, 2008

B G (Baby Girl)

Here are some cute things that Sophie is saying these days:

When it is a crescent moon, Sophie announces, "Moon's broken mom".
When it is full, she notices, "Moon's all fixed!"

Last week when Steve was out of town, Sophie woke up after nap and came to me, cuddled up and said,"Hold me tight Momma".

When we put Sophie to bed at night she demands that the door be "Open Big!!!"

This is what Sophie has started saying this week," I can!, I can!, I can!" as she rushes in front of you to do it herself. She says it really fast, so cute.

This morning while watching Big Comfy Couch, Sophie was inspired to try to pat her head and rub her tummy. She tried and tried! She also loves to watch the clown, Mr. Bedhead juggle at clown school. Sophie can be found trying to juggle, which is hilarious.

Anytime we say "let's pray", she immediately starts the prayer, always thanks God for something, our family or food, or asks for a baby sister. She always ends with in Jesus name, Amen.

Sophie has a mind of her own. While we were on the way to Dr. Chris's she announced, "Hey, I'm not gonna pitch a fit". (Now, this would be a first). Well, we got there, and sure enough, she didn't. She didn't even require me to hold her. She told Dr. Chris,"I not gonna be sad" and was so brave as he peered into her ears (something she HATES). I was so impressed with my big girl. She then demanded that the Dr. produce her some smiley face stickers. (she has always gotten them there) They were out! He did however smooth things over with smiley face BALLOON stickers, even better!

The other day I am whining around the living room looking for the clicker. I say,"Sophie, did you loose the clicker?" She immediately looked at me and said," I didn't loose it, you lost it!" ...and she was right.

Sophie loves painting, it is her favorite activity at home. When she is talking about her paints (watercolors) she calls them her "oval paints".

Sophie has also begun adding "O" to the end of some words. Like, Purple-O or she'll scream while she's being tickled "No Tickle-O" which of course means, tickle me some more!

Okay, that is enough for now. I just keep trying to remember to jot this down on my blog so I will be able to remember what she was saying when she was 2.

4 comments:

Katie Thompson said...

I thought B G was going to stand for Big Girl! You'll be so glad you wrote these down. Chris and I still repeat several of our kids' main phrases from this age!

Nanette R. said...

I agree that this is a good idea to write these things down. Kids love to hear about when they were small and to know that you cared enough to remember. Thanks for letting us in on the cute things Sophie said!

deesquared71 said...

good for you for writing it down
time passes so quickly and changes into things you wish you could forget that they said!

landon used to add "-in" onto the end of things
like...washin rag (wash rag)
and flashin light (flash light)

anna used to say "i no no" ( i dont know)
and nannin (landon)

how sweet to focus on your sweet girl's words

love you!

you're a great mom

juliebb said...

Sophie has such precious ways of expressing herself! Thank you for sharing!