

We found a new activity to do on a cold snowy day. Sophie got to cook. She loves to help me make bread, pizza, cookies and such from scratch, so today, she got to just play and make whatever she wanted with flour. This was such a fun activity! I just dropped down the dishwasher door and poured flour in a bowl and let the fun begin! She later needed me to add water to it so she could make balls (that was a bit messy), but it is just flour, right? Clean up was a cinch. I used to dustbuster to clean up big spots, then I just turned on the dishwasher to finish up. NOTE TO SELF: Flour on the kitchen floor is slippery! I think we'll try this with other things like whole wheat flour, corn meal or maybe oatmeal? Not sure, keep you posted.
6 comments:
I am SOOOOO impressed!!! I never would have thought of such a thing! This needs to go to a big mom's website or something. I would have totally done that with my kids.
I am also very impressed and want to tell all my friends with young children about your wonderful idea (I will give you credit!). I would like to say that I would have done it when Daniel was small, but I probably would have been too freaked out about getting flour on the floor! You are an awesome mom!
(And Happy Birthday!). :-)
Nanette,
We have two cats, and had two large dogs...there are much worse things that have been on my floor :0
I used to let anna play with food coloring, water and containers of different sorts in the kitchen while I was doing things......what a mess...but she was entertained! You are such a good mom.....Spohie is blessed to have you.....
Post a Comment