




How Beautiful the radiant bride
Who waits for her Groom with His light in her eyes
How Beautiful when humble hearts give
The fruit of pure love so that others may live
How beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful is the body of Christ.
The last few weeks have been so emotional for me. I knew that we were nearing the one year mark of having Sophie in our arms. I have been touched lately with the memories of The Church Body coming around me and Steve and helping us bring Sophie home. The Body of Christ has surrounded us before we had Sophie and has been so faithful to support us even after she came home.
Since Sophie has come home I have watched as many other children have found their forever homes. I am constantly reminded of God's love for Sophie and that he set her in our hearts and in our home. We are forever changed with the love of God's sweet affection. I am also reminded of a post I made from China last year on Steve's site about worship. I think that has been what I have been experiencing lately. I struggle with thinking that worship is stand up, sit down, sing, listen, and sing again and good-bye. In small everyday things I am learning about not only mothering, but about worship. For me, it is emotional, but not fluff. I know mother's know what I am talking about.
Sophie is now 22 months old. She is running, dancing and twirling around all of the time. Her language amazes us and her constant chatter keeps our home full of the sounds of toddlerhood. I think back on her referral and notice that it said she was clever. Clever indeed! I won't go on and on, but, she is on target in every area.
Tonight we have plans to go to eat at a Chinese restaurant and then go with Steve's youth to a concert. Tomorrow is her Adoption Day and I plan on making it special too.
No comments:
Post a Comment