Today, a beloved blanket named Boo Boo, Sophie's "son", friend and constant companion is no more. Blanket has taken over Sophie's life and has been holding her back from social situations and distracting her from obeying and doing fun things too. We have been considering the situation, and, tonight, I took it away. My child development side says she'll need therapy later. But, my mom side, that talks to God, says she must learn to trust us, lean on us, love on us more in order to know that from God. She sorta has displaced feelings for a blanket that she is old enough not to need anymore. It has become her crutch at best and an idol at worst. Even her Sunday school teacher mentioned to me today that she'd thought about calling me about it.
So, here I am once again, the parent I thought I would never be. Being strong while my little one goes through withdrawals while she tries to go to sleep. This helps me remember that she is growing up and that this will make her stronger to give up other things in life. At some point she must learn where her affections should lie, no point denying her the greatest Gift, even at a young age.
1 comment:
:( love you.
Post a Comment