Saturday, December 06, 2008

Sick Days

Have I mentioned how sick I have been? I am all better today and have been for about two days. I have had bronchitis. Really a bad way to spend your evening, I don't recommend it. Anyway, I have been sick for a month, literally. Coughing all night long with very little sleep. I have been so afraid that Sophie would catch it and be even sicker than I was. Well, she was doing well...then, on Tuesday, she was diagnosed as having strep. Yuck! Good news, we got meds quickly and she was doing fine...then came lasterday (yesterday in Sophie's language).

Lasterday after a nap, she began to bark, she coughed on and on and wouldn't eat supper. She finally was able to sleep at about 11pm!!! I held her and rubbed her back, let her watch odd Christian children's network shows (kinda strange stuff). I prayed and prayed for her. This morning she was still awful sounding and would just lay around on the couch. I left to go shopping and when I came home she seemed pretty good. She went to bed tonight and has barely coughed. She might still wake up later
coughing, but I don't care. She has at least had several hours of uninterrupted sleep. I know that the Lord has answered my prayer and am hopeful that she won't develop the nightmare sickness that I had. Praise the Lord! I am believing the best.

It also reminds me to be grateful for my access and insurance to a good doctor. Read Gwen's blog (Dec. 6th)to hear about her reminder that reminded me of this blessing.

No comments: