I just wanted you to know that Sophie's home county of Liangping, Sichuan, Chongqing was hit very hard by the earthquake in China. News is still coming in about Liangping, the actual "little" town where her orphanage was located. From what I am reading, it sounds like it didn't have damage. The town of her birth Ping gin is a country side village and we may never have information about it. This reminds me of a friend of mine who wasn't able to grow up with her father. She always wondered if she'd bump into him on the street someday. For adopted children they have similar fears of the unknown about their birth parents. For those adopted internationally, I imagine that when things like this happen you are wondering, was that my birth family in pictures killed or weeping or sleeping on the sidewalk? I will never know. Adoption continues throughout a persons life. For now, I am taking all of this in for Sophie, not knowing how she will respond to her adopted life. I am not projected my fears into her, but rather having empathy on the many feelings she may feel one day. Please pray for her heart that as she grows up in her adopted home, the Lord would be with her daily and comfort her as she realizes she doesn't look just like me. (she tells me everyday that she does.)
Update Love Without Boundaries is reporting that Sophie's orphanage did sustain damage but no injuries have been reported.
2 comments:
Thanks for letting us know. We were wondering.
i love you for being such a great mom
thank you
Post a Comment