Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Sorta Nativity

Last weekend Sophie and I stopped by a local church to see their live Nativity. Well, it turned out to be more of a petting animals scene. Sophie really enjoyed herself. Here is the funny/sad thing, there were animals, a man in a Shepard outfit, and even a little manger. But...there was no Mary and most importantly, no baby Jesus. I looked over into the manger (as did all of the children) and there was a Sprite bottle and a bottle of water. The man said," Well, I needed a place to stash it." While the Nativity was a little disappointing to me, Sophie had fun trying to pet all of the animals. She had no fear of them at all. She even tried to sit in the calf's lap. Do calves have laps? Oh, Sophie tried to pet a chicken and it pecked her. Sophie looked betrayed.





No comments: