













Where has the time gone?
This summer is flying by...except for the heat, it is just hovering over us like a ceiling fan set for winter.
So, what are we doing? Well, Steve has been blessed with a new job here in town. He will be working at a private school teaching computer and anatomy and physiology. I am going to be working at a church run preschool two days a week. Sophie will get to go with me and attend the Parent's Day Out program. We are excited to see what the Lord has planned as we follow his lead. So, all of that said, we are both brushing up on curriculum for our classes. I am really brushing up since I haven't taught this age group in umm, 2 years.
We have also been to see my folks in Arkansas. It was such a pretty drive! Everything was fine except the 101 degree temp :-) Sophie had fun saying "eesa" for Lisa. Sophie also had fun on the swing that Paw Paw hung up for her. We got to drive a little further and visit Julie, Greg, Evan and their newest addition Pearson. He was a sweetie!
So, Sophie is 2 years old. Sophie is into doing everything by herself. "Sophie do it", and labeling everything as "Sophie's". I am having to leave the house earlier to allow time for "Sophie" to do everything by herself. It's really fun to stand in the heat while your toddler tries to climb in the car, climb into the seat, get the seat belt over her arms and at least attempt to buckle the seatbelt.
Here are some recent pics from Arkansas and from the home front.
3 comments:
Precious pictures! Thanks for sharing them. It's so fun to watch our little precious girl grow up!
I'm right there with you. David is into doing everything himself, too. Yes, I just love standing in the heat waiting for him to get into the van, into his seat, and fasten his seatbelt. Let's try to enjoy this time for this too shall pass all too quickly.
Lorie no doubt...still, tonight she said "La La fruit snack 70 times in a row while Delilah was on the radio talking to a poor Mama who was going crazy with her two year old all day. I was thinking, "play a song for me" I waited to hear a James Taylor song or something relaxing, instead it was a odd song that didn't help my time in the car. Oh well.
Post a Comment