Monday, June 04, 2007

So, here's what we've been doing

Parenting.

Should be enough said, but I will share a little.
My friend Suzanne told me that she thinks having children is more sanctifying than being married. Well, I have to say I think she is right. What I realized over the last few weeks is that if you are going to be a mom, you have to go through being a first time mom. It stinks! There is no way around it. Many people in my life told me how great I would be at being a mom based on the fact I went to college to learn about children and taught children for years. Now, let me just say that prepared me to work with children and teach children. It did not however prepare me for motherhood. If you are a person that says that to first time moms...just quit it! I tried to let that run in one ear and out the other, but some of it stuck and took root and has caused me to value my thoughts over my husbands and most importantly God's. It is also not helpful to have people remind me I am having a hard time because I am a first time mom. Really, prayer and turning my shoulders around to the face the cross would be more helpful. Now, if I can just remember to do that to new mom's later, I will have learned a lot.

No comments: