Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Did you vote today?
Today Sophie and I went to the polls. I was reluctant to take her, fearing a melt down while we waited. I went anyway and it was uneventful, she ate a snack and was fine. As we were waiting, a man handed me the sticker that says "I voted" on it. I asked if Sophie could have one too. As I stuck the sticker on her hand I realized that one day she will have the opportunity to vote. Tears began to well up. Everyday I realize ways that Sophie's life has changed and will continue to change as a result of living in America. I realize that not everything will be for the better here. But, this is where God has ordained her life and I am thankful for the blessings and opportunities she will have here. Steve and I hope to take Sophie back to Chongquing for her 16th birthday. Our prayer is that her first homeland will have more and more freedom by then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment