
I just spent a wonderful morning with my daughter at the Farmer's Market. She enjoyed all of the sights and sounds of fall. When we came home, I couldn't quit looking at her little chubby face. I just loooooove her. The thing that gives me such JOY is when she looks at me and gives me a kiss or when she pats me on the chest (which means Mama). Her response to my love fills me with a joy that only a Mama can know. Poppa's have their own special joy ;-)
Anyway, it has reminded me of a book that I read by John Piper called Desiring God. He says that God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him p.50. Piper goes on to say "All the works of God culminate in the praises of his redeemed people. The climax of his happiness is the delight he takes in the echoes of his exellence in the praises of the saints. This praise is the consummation of our own joy in God. Therefore God's pursuit of praise from us and our pursuit of pleasure in him are the same pursuit. This is the great gospel!" If you want to learn more about God's sovereign hand and the JOY that God has for you this book will help you learn all that the bible offers to those who seek His face.
No comments:
Post a Comment